There are a number of different ways that you can make your gift to support Towson University Athletics. All gifts fall under the umbrella of the Towson University Foundation, Inc. and are tax deductible as allowed by law.
• Annual giving: Enables our sports programs to defray their costs of recruiting, travel, equipment and other operational costs above those funded through the department budget process. Gifts can be made using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover), cash, personal checks or money orders made payable to the Towson University Foundation, Inc.
MAKE A GIFT NOW
• Recurring gifts: Provides an opportunity to make gifts to the university via the Towson University Foundation directly from your checking or savings account. An electronic transfer through the Automated Clearing House Network (or "ACH") will enable you to make recurring deductions on the date and in the amount you choose. Simply click on the “Make a Recurring Gift” link below and include your gift designation in the memo section.
MAKE A RECURRING GIFT
• Pledges: Towson University welcomes your gift through a pledge — a formal statement of intention to make a gift to the university. With a pledge, you may complete your gift by making regular payments over time, allowing you to give more generously than you originally may have considered.
• Matching gift programs are an easy way to double or even triple your contribution to Towson University. Such programs typically match all or a percentage of employee contributions to charitable organizations. Please check with your Human Resources department for the necessary forms.
• Gifts of long-held appreciated securities are a popular alternative to cash gifts. In addition to receiving a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of your gift, you may also bypass capital gains tax on the appreciation. If you are interested in transferring securities, please call the Development Office at 410-704-3375 or toll free at 866-301-3375.
• Gifts of personal property including books, artwork, computer and laboratory equipment, furniture, and research materials may, in some cases, enable you to make a significant gift to support Towson with tax benefits to you!
Planned gifts including bequests, beneficiary designations and life-income plans are another available gift option. For information, contact Ann Kolakowski, Director of Major and Planned Giving at 410-704-3899 or by email at email@example.com.
• Major gifts are above and beyond donations given during capital project campaigns. An example of a major gift would be a $1 Million donation toward the General Tiger Club account.
• Endowments enable Towson to fund an annual scholarship to a deserving student-athlete or to provide a guaranteed funding source for a sports program. Endowment donors will enjoy the chance to create a lasting legacy that supports future generations of Tiger athletes.
• Gifts-in-kind includes services or products instead of, or in addition to, a cash gift. In some cases these gifts may enable you to make a significant gift to support Towson with tax benefits to you.
All funds received by the Tiger Club are placed under the management of the Towson University Foundation, Inc. The Foundation's mission is to ensure that gifts and contributions will be utilized to benefit Towson University Athletics as requested by the donor.