Towson Pom Squad
The Towson Pom Squad is a student-run organization comprised of 30 girls dedicated to supporting and encouraging Towson University athletic teams through dance and spirit. We both strengthen and involve the student body while participating in school- related events. The Pom Squad performs at home football games, men and women’s basketball games, the CAA tournament, lacrosse games, and pep rallies. They also compete in various competitions throughout the year.
The Pom Squad performs pom, jazz, hip hop style, and kick style routines with skill and technique attained through years of dance experience. Practice takes place on week nights and performances occur both on weekdays and on weekends.
The season begins in August with dance camp, and concludes with competition(s) in March.
Pom Squad Prep Clinic Information
- A prep clinic will be held on Saturday, August 31 from noon - 3 p.m. in Burdick Hall, Gym #3.
- The prep clinic will prepare all those interested in auditioning for the 2013-14 Pom Squad. It will conclude with a Q&A Session.
- The cost of the clinic is $5!
- Please wear athletic clothing and shoes you feel comfortable danicing in!
- Make sure to bring a water bottle.
Pom Squad Audition Information
- Auditions will be held on Saturday, September 7 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. in Burdick Hall, Gym #3.
- Callbacks will be held on Sunday, September 9 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. in Burdick Hall, Gym #3.
- The cost of auditioning will be $5 (non-refundable)!
- Students auditioning will be asked to wear a crop top and dance trunks! Any dance shoes you feel comfortable dancing in may be worn and hair must be worn down!
- No experience necessary to audition!
- For more information, email us here.
Skills and Technique
Double and/or triple pirouettes
Leaps in second
Overall flexibility (splits, leg holds, etc.)
Fouette turns are encouraged but not required
• Poms Halftime Show: Towson Football VS UMass
• Poms Halftime Show, Towson Football VS Rhode Island
• Poms Halftime Show, Towson Football VS JMU
• Yell Like Hell Performance (2009)
• Media Time Out Men’s Basketball Game Performance (2009)