Towson Pom Squad
The Towson Pom Squad is a student-run organization comprised of 30 girls dedicated to supporting and encouraging Towson University athletic teams through dance and spirit. We both strengthen and involve the student body while participating in school- related events. The Pom Squad performs at home football games, men and women’s basketball games, the CAA tournament, lacrosse games, and pep rallies. They also compete in various competitions throughout the year.
The Pom Squad performs pom, jazz, hip hop style, and kick style routines with skill and technique attained through years of dance experience. Practice takes place on week nights and performances occur both on weekdays and on weekends.
The season begins in August with dance camp, and concludes with competition(s) in March. Auditions will be held in early September to select the 2013-2014 squad.
If you have experience in dance,
pom, cheerleading, and/or gymnastics, consider auditioning for the 2013-2014 Pom
- A spring prep clinic for girls interested in auditioning for the Pom Squad in the fall will be held on Saturday, April 13 from 12-2 p.m. in Burdick Gym #3.
- The clinic will help prepare all those interested in auditioning and will include a Q&A session at the conclusion of the clinic.
- Cost of the clinic will be $10.
- Please wear clothes/shoes that you are comfortable dancing in and bring your $10 and a water bottle.
- Auditions will be held next fall in early September.
Skills and Technique
Double and/or triple pirouettes
Leaps in second
Overall flexibility (splits, leg holds, etc.)
Fouette turns are encouraged but not required
• Poms Halftime Show: Towson Football VS UMass
• Poms Halftime Show, Towson Football VS Rhode Island
• Poms Halftime Show, Towson Football VS JMU
• Yell Like Hell Performance (2009)
• Media Time Out Men’s Basketball Game Performance (2009)