BALTIMORE, Md. - Following its first loss of the season Friday night at Maryland, the Towson women's tennis team bounced back in strong fashion and defeated the Salisbury Sea Gulls 7-0 at Bare Hills Racquet Club in Baltimore Saturday night.
The Tigers (2-1) showed no signs of fatigue in their second match in two days, easily dropping the Sea Gulls in a clean sweep.
Towson won all six singles matches in straight sets, including a fine performance by senior Andrea Samlin at No. 5 singles. She defeated Salisbury's Katie Youlios 6-0 and 6-0. At No. 6 singles, Moriah Burke was also solid in her defeat of Victoria Handlin, losing just a single game in a 6-0, 6-1 victory.
Towson also won all three doubles match to earn the doubles point and take home a victory prior to its next match Feb. 23 at Seton Hall.
"It was a good bounce back for us," Towson head coach Doug Neagle said. "We needed to get another win and now it's off to Seton Hall."
Tennis Match Results
Salisbury vs Towson University
Feb 16, 2013 at Baltimore, Md.
( Bare Hills Racquet Club)
Towson University 7, Salisbury 0
1. Ayana Dow (TOWSON) def. Jillian Poppe (SAL) 6-4, 6-2
2. Nisha Shah (TOWSON) def. Natalie Savage (SAL) 6-4, 6-0
3. Ariel Burke (TOWSON) def. Elaina Iosue (SAL) 6-2, 6-2
4. Lorena Ferrer (TOWSON) def. Roxanne Alban (SAL) 6-1, 6-0
5. Andrea Samlin (TOWSON) def. Katie Youlios (SAL) 6-0, 6-0
6. Moriah Burke (TOWSON) def. Victoria Handlin (SAL) 6-0, 6-1
Towson University 2-1