TOWSON, Md. - With the goal of developing a core group of devoted Tiger football fans and building a volunteer outside sales force, the Towson Football Gridiron Challenge has been created.
"This program is not for the casual fan," said John Latteri, the Tigers' Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions. "We are looking for ten passionate Towson football supporters who 'bleed black and gold' and live and die with each result. This program is for the most dedicated Tiger football fans, those people who are committed to this football program.
"We need supporters who are anxious to spread the word about Towson football through their personal contacts, business associates and their community. We are offering some great rewards for the people who are selected."
The primary responsibilities of the members of the Towson Football Gridiron Challenge will be to promote and sell season tickets for Tiger football. The ten people selected to participate will be those with a strong interest or association with Towson football who are anxious to make a commitment of their time and their enthusiasm for the benefit of the Tiger football program.
Among the rewards available for the most devoted Tiger football fans are:
- Official team member Towson polo shirt
- 6 tickets: Towson Football autographed by Coach Rob Ambrose
- 12 tickets: Under Armour Long-Sleeved T-Shirt
- 18 tickets: Gridiron VIP Experience (Invitation for two to the Tiger Club Hospitality, seats in the press box at Johnny Unitas® Stadium, admittance to post-game press conferences)
- 24 tickets: Tiger Tent Village Tailgate Experience at home football game (includes tent, tables and chairs)
- 30 tickets: Team Experience (Enjoy pregame meal with players, visit locker room with team, watch the game from the sidelines and receive your own Tiger football jersey).
- 50 tickets: Introduce a video board segment for TigerVision to be shown at a football game.
- 75 tickets: All-expenses paid trip to Towson-Richmond game on Oct. 23 (includes transportation and hotel for two).
"Towson University has strengthened its commitment to the Tiger football program over the past 16 months," said Mike Hermann, the Towson University Director of Athletics. "As we prepare for the 2010 season, our future success is linked to our ability to continue to build our base of support through the sale of season tickets. Purchasing season tickets is something that every Towson fan can do to support the athletics program.
"I am very pleased that some of our most dedicated fans have stepped up to organize the Gridiron Challenge program to build our season ticket base," he added. "I want to encourage anyone that cares about the University and its athletics program to join the cause by becoming a volunteer for the program. I think we are going to have a lot of fun and we will be building a stronger foundation for our program at the same time."
All those Tiger football fans who are interested in becoming part of the Towson Football Gridiron Challenge should contact John Latteri at (410) 704-3571.
The selection process for the Towson Football Gridiron Challenge will be completed by April 16 and the Gridiron Challenge members will be announced on April 19.
In their second season under the direction of Coach Rob Ambrose, the Tigers will play a challenging five-game home schedule that includes contests against Coastal Carolina, Massachusetts, James Madison, Rhode Island and Maine.
After opening their home schedule against Coastal Carolina on September 11, the Tigers host Massachusetts on October 2. On October 9, the Tigers face James Madison as part of Family Weekend activities. The Tigers will host Rhode Island for Homecoming on October 30 before facing Maine in their final home game on November 13.
TIGERS' 2010 HOME SCHEDULE
|September 11||Coastal Carolina|
|October 2||Massachusetts *|
|October 9||James Madison *|
Rhode Island *
|November 13||Maine *|
* Colonial Athletic Association games